Working for an Employer Who Cares About You Is Just as Important As Your Skills as a Caregiver
You may be a naturally caring and empathetic person who genuinely enjoys caring for others, but it is just as important that your employer cares about you.
Traycee is that place. Traycee is a locally owned and operated business that has cared for others for close to 40 years. Their track record is amazing and their reputation is gold-plated. Why? Because the founders, Barbara Traycee and Sheldon Shlossman, treat both their staff and their clients as family.
Many of their caregivers have been with them for over a decade, and many of their clients have used Traycee for multiple generations. That speaks volumes.
Traycee is committed to delivering the highest level of service to their clients which, in turn, means caregivers are trained and mentored on a regular basis by registered nurses who are called Geriatric Care Coordinators.
Think you would like to work in this type of environment? Then you should know:
- All of our caregivers are required to have a minimum of two to five years experience.
- All Traycee caregivers are required to have eight hours of comprehensive training upon employment and prior to placement in-home. This training is conducted by a registered nurse and includes personal, hands-on (vs. video) instruction. This is followed by competency testing including written exams. All relevant topics are covered including personal care, professionalism, and confidentiality. All training given to caregivers is recognized by the national Private Duty Care Association.
- All Traycee caregivers are required to complete eight hours of Continuing Education annually.
- All Traycee caregivers are supervised and mentored by a registered nurse care co-ordinator.
- You do not have to be a CNA. Traycee does employ CNA’s, but is also looking for experienced caregivers and companions.
- All caregivers are required to pass all IL State Home Service Agency regulations mandated by IL Dept. of Public Health. In addition to being thoroughly interviewed, they are given a complete police security background check and their work history, including references and Social Security number, is verified. All caregivers are also fingerprinted, along with being bonded and insured.
– Barbara Traycee
Call (847)432-5190 to apply.
In accordance with state law, services and employment are available at Traycee Services to all persons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, national origin or disability.